Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Decorating

The weekend after Thanksgiving is normally our visit to go see my sister in law in Ely, NV.  Unfortunately, at 35 weeks, I just didn't think I could venture that 10 hr drive alone with the children.  I was really sad that we didn't make it up there to the cooler weather, however, it was really nice to have the weekend to relax.  So over the weekend, we decorated for Christmas.  It's amazing to see how last year I felt like we had Christmas decorations everywhere in our small house with so many people.  Yet this year I feel like we are really devoid of a lot of the decorations because this house is larger.  I imagine next year when I have the ambition, I will come up with better ways to decorate, but for now, the kids had fun.  They put up the tree and put on the ornaments alone. 


Above is Rileigh, my niece and below is Ethan my nephew.  They are living with us right now so it was fun to have a few extra hands to decorate!



My brother in law helped me decorate the outside.  I had a difficult time taking our decorations and idea from last years bigger yard in WA and trying to apply it to this dink of a yard you get in AZ.  But I think it worked out ok.  Maybe next year I would like to add a little green to the ground or something.


Anyway, I was thankful to have this weekend to kick off another Christmas season.  I have been feeling like I am not as "festive" this year as I have been in past years.  I love making simple memories of the season with the children so they too can remember it when they get older.  However, I am left with little time and even less energy.  But I am working on doing what I can so the children can continue to learn about the importance of this holiday season.

1 comments:

The Jones's said...

How fun. It will be a while, but some year I hope to have my own yard to decorate. Keep hanging in there! We are SO CLOSE!