Friday, October 14, 2011

Last Stop

A trip "back home" is not complete without a stop at my dad's parents.  My grandma died when I was a little girl and my grandpa died a few years ago.  I have not been back since before his was burried here.  This was a fun opportunity to have the children really experience the remainder of my childhood memories at Grandma and Grandpas.

Mom and Dad were married in this church


I, as a child, never saw this home, but we were driving through town and dad pointed it out.  He said my mom used to ride the lawn mower in her bikini here.  Funny thing is, a few houses up, we saw another girl doing the same thing.
Then we headed out for our trip home.  It was an amazing vacation.  We really got to do and see so much.  The kids were mostly well behaved the WHOLE time.  It was long and exhausting but we all loved it.  Made memories for a lifetime.  I hope to be able to make it back that direction again.

0 comments: