Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Decorations

The first weekend in October is always the Semi Annual Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It runs in 5 sessions. Two on Saturday that can be viewed on the internet, cable, or satallite. One on Saturday evening for the boys/men ages 12+ which can be viewed at the stake centers. And then two on Sunday. This year I thought and pondered for weeks of how I was going to make it a more spiritual weekend. I don't know if the mission was accomplished, but I do know that we successfully watched all 4 sessions and have spent many conversations since then discussing what the Prophet and Apostles taught us. In between our Saturday sessions, the children and I decorated the house for Halloween. We also did two Halloween crafts between sessions this weekend. We made candy necklaces.


 And Halloween Chocolate!
To help the kids focus on the talks, we played conference Bingo. I realize now that it was a bad idea. There was a lot of arguing over, you can't color that, they didn't talk about that. Saturday they all had the same board. Sunday, I was smarter and gave them each a different board so it wasn't as much of a competition! Next year, I will come up with a different activity! But it was fun for them to do, if only they didn't want to compete over it. I felt like overall this was a great start to our holiday season. What better way to start the fall time and holiday time than learning from our religious leaders. It was amazing!

1 comments:

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

Lexi, you are such a good mom! You have such great ideas!!!