Monday, July 14, 2008

July 5 K Race

Saturday was the monthly 5k race. Trent got a new bike for his birthday, so we let him and Haylee ride their bikes this time, which they loved. So, Dave and I started off walking, but Dave didn't like being left behind, so we took off running with the double jogger and Trent on his bike. Trent was a real speed racer. We had a couple crashes too, but nothing too major.
I was so excited because we made a really good pace. I finished in 28:55 this month!!! I was really hoping to make it under a half hour and with Dave's help, I did!!! That is almost 4 minutes better from April when I ran it.
So, here is Haylee crossing the finish line.
Here we all are in our 5k race shirts and after we have rested up a little bit.
I love that we are able to do these every month. I am so grateful the gym holds these. I think it is really building a great foundation for the kids as well as allowing them to look forward to something exciting like a race. I love seeing their face exhausted but so pleased each month as they cross the finish line. It is the best thing ever!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

That's a really cute family picture!

Fosburgh Family said...

You guys are AWESOME! What a fun memory for your kids

Angela said...

what a cute happy family.

Twinsmom said...

Congratulations Lexi! I don't think I could do a 5K in less than 10 min. miles just yet. Maybe by October. I love the photo!
Lori

Lexi said...

Lori, I was so excited to make it under 10 min pace. Dave was helping to pace me, but I was the one who ran it. I was really excited.