Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Christmas Help

So, I am coming to all of you to help me here. As you all know, we live in Italy. We are so far from any normal stores. I have looked on the internet and don't get the real "feel" of things. We don't have commercials (well not normal ones anyway), so I don't get to really see what is out there. Our little PX is really lacking in toys this year as well. So... I am asking all of you... what are you getting for your kids. Laycee and Logan are almost 22 months. I have no idea what to get them. I mean Haylee and Trent are always easy to buy for. But Laycee and Logan... no idea. Well I had some ideas, but I am postponing them for their birthday, after we move, so we don't have to buy stuff just to pack it up (a ball pit and jumpolene). So... I am polling the blog community... what are you getting for your little ones, and do you have any ideas that you might have seen around for Laycee and Logan... mainly stuff that would be good to take on the airplane. Thanks!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

I've put out a request for puzzles, since we lost all the pieces from our old ones when Liam used them. I've also asked for books, Mo Willems (Don't let the pigeon drive the bus) and the Little Quack(Derek Anderson, I think) series are cute. We are suffering from toy overload here!

The Jones's said...

I keep seeing commercials for really cool Crayola items. Like light up boards that you can draw and erase different messages on, or paint that you can only see the color by the lighted brush, and it's supposed to not get onto the furniture. I keep thinking I wish I had older kids to get that stuff for since it looks really cool. But it depends if your kids are into doing art.

The Jones's said...

They might be meant for older kids, so that might not work at all, but you could check out Crayola.com to see if you like anything. Also if they like Disney you could check out the Disney Store online for their favorite Disney characters. We got Isabella her first Teddy Bear for Christmas, and it's a really cute, plush Winnie-the-Pooh. :)

Nancy said...

You would think I could be helpful here. Not really. Jaron's just getting random stuff I think. Cars, books, puzzles, cowboy hat (he pretends the stepping stool is a horse.) I got him some SpongeBob crocs for his birthday that should fit next spring/summer. I didn't have any brilliant ideas for gifts this year.

Ulibarri Family said...

You can get an i-spy bag. I got Cameron's on etsy.com (just did a search and there are hundred's of them!) The one I got him has 40 different objects to try to find. The older kids would like it too! Also chalkboard placemats or dry erase boards would be fun and easy to clean. (there are even chalkboard tote bags so you can carry all the other stuff you get in it. Just gives you more options with less space!) Cameron is also getting a learning laptop designed for 2 year olds that teaches letters/shapes.

I really love to look at etsy.com for ideas. There are so many toys on there that gave me some great ideas.