Saturday, November 15, 2008

Horse



After some much needed rough housing, Dave gave into the kids and started playing. I have mentioned before that this doesn't happen too often. Usually I let about 15 minutes each night when Dave comes home slide, but that is about all. Not that I don't like them playing with their Dad because I cherish these moments. But I hate the yelling and even though it is filled with laughs it is also filled with whining and crying. Recently, I have started leaving the room so they could play and I could get some time alone. But this time, I stayed to watch. As you can see, we are missing one. Logan is not much for playing around unstably. They were not secure on Dave's back and Logan didn't like that. He liked his horse ride alone, but not with the other kids. And he was crying that it wasn't his turn. Taking turns is a hard thing for them right now. But I couldn't help but post this picture becuase they are all looking and they are all happy. I love it!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You have such a fun family. I know what you mean with the screaming and crying and laughing and whining. But it is so needed for dads to play with the kids and keep a good relationship. Why to go with taking time for yourself during their crazy play time!!

Pottruffs said...

I love this. I love when Evan plays with our kids too. It's not often, he likes quiet when he's home and watching his "news", but other then that, it's great to have play time with him and the kids. I think all children need that.