Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cook in Training

Haylee was mad at me on Saturday. She was upset that she was bored and that I wasn't going to let her go to a birthday party. And that we weren't going to the chocolate festival. So, I tried to find something to distract her mind so she would have a chance to get over it all. I sent her in to make breakfast for us all. For some reason, the pictures posted backwards, so you get to see them in reverse order. I was so proud of her because she really did it all her own... except start the stove. So she is pouring the eggs in the pan.
She was grossed out because the eggs were on her hands.
And here she is trying so hard to crack the eggs without adding shells. She did pretty well, she only got two in there.

It took her a few more hours to get over being mad at me, but at least I didn't have to hear her crying about it anymore. So I guess it worked out well for me in the end, and being as sweet as she is, she even apologized for being mad at me. I just love her.



3 comments:

Janan said...

very cute. love all the pics, especially the crack!

The Older 2 Fozzies said...

I can't wait until she can make brekfast for me.

Angela said...

nicely done on breakfast Haylee! and good idea Lexi. yeah these kids can stew over things for HOURS! I'm glad she snapped out of it in the end though.