Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Meatloaf

I hate meatloaf. I mean, really hate it. Well tonight I had some hamburger that I had to use or it was going in the garbage. I intended on making meatballs out of it, but that never happened. So, I fall back on disgusting meatloaf. Did I mention that I HATE meatloaf? Well, I pull Ms Betty Crocker out of the cabinet for a recipe since I don't know how to make it because I hate it so much. And as I get ready to make it I see... Alternate recipe. Mexican Meatloaf... I figure why not! I hate meatloaf anyway lol. So, you basically make the meatloaf as normal only substitue 1/3 c of salsa plus 2/3 c of milk instead of a whole cup of milk and add a little cheese. Top with salsa instead of ketsup or BBQ sauce (although we didn't do this). I tell you... I will definately make it this way again because I did not hate this meatloaf. I mean, still isn't my number one choice, but the salsa really gave it something other than a fatty slab of ground beef flavor. So, next time you are making meatloaf... I suggest adding a little bit of salsa! So good!!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I was just looking at your picture of the kids on the side and noticed Logan's sweet vest and tie. Jaron has one just like it! It's an orange color? And um... is Trent's tie super short or am I seeing things? I couldn't enlarge the picture but they all look so adorable!!!!

Lexi said...

Yes Trent's tie is super short, It is one of Logans lol. He insisted on wearing it. And yup Logans is orange. I bought it at the PX there when it went on clearance last year or something. They were cheap so I stocked up.

Ulibarri Family said...

I've made mexican meatloaf before and the kids loved it.

The Jones's said...

Joseph hates meatloaf and meatballs... anything that makes meat mushy. Plus he hates Ketchup. So even though my Mom always made a nice meatloaf, never my favorite, but good, I never get to make it. Maybe someday when I have more kids I will try making it and making Joseph something else to eat. :)

Stephanie Walter said...

I'm sorry but I love meatloaf! I've always used oats instead of bread crumbs (my Mom's recipe) and it comes out less mushy. Gives it a good texture. Sam hated meatloaf too until he tried my version of my Mom's recipe. But when I'm feeling spicy one night, I'll have to give the mexican meatloaf a try!

Angela said...

Leave it to Betty Crocker!!! (FYI, betty crocker is a MN company!) I'm glad you found a palatable version of meatloaf should the need ever arise again! :-)

Terrilee said...

eh, I hate meatloaf too!! Maybe I'll have to try this one day. Chad loves meatloaf..but of course he never gets it! :)