Monday, June 29, 2009

Novel Party- How to Eat Fried Worms

The kids and I have finished another novel. This time we read How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell. I was surprised though. I thought Trent would love it due to the content of the book, but neither of the kids really took to the story. They thought it was borning. They liked the movie ok, but it wasn't their favorite. Although, they both loved the activities I put together for the party. So, this time, we made worms out of tootsie rolls as well as pipe cleaner and pom poms. Then we wrote recipes using worms. They wrote a worm story. And since the book was set outside, we set up the tent and the kids watched the movie outside. The party was fun and I am glad we did it even though they didn't like the book!

Click to play this Smilebox postcard: How to Eat Fried Worms

Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox

Make a Smilebox postcard


What's Next? Matilda by Rahl Dahl!

0 comments: