Sunday, June 14, 2009

Memorial Day

I never have the desire to bake. But Sunday before Memorial day, I wanted to bake. I made these 7 layer cookies, but we didn't even eat those until the next day. We made cookies and brownies as well.

Then on Memorial Day, we made some homemade ice cream. My mom's recipe. 2 liter of grape sode and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.


While all our goodies were cooking and I was making lunch, the kids wanted a snack. Laycee didn't want to do anything but eat watermelon and grapes.

It was time for clean up so Trent is picking up our now overflowing bucket of balls.


I know these pictures are out of order, but here the kids are playing with Dave. They were so happy to have some time with him since he has been gone so much lately. They started playnig at 8 in the morning and didn't stop until noon! They played baseball, and then Logan played everything else lol. Soccer, Basketball (not pictured), golf and football.

After all the playing, we were all hungry, so we had all our goodies for lunch.
And for dinner we had hamburgers with the rest of the goodies. Hope you all had a great memorial day as well!






1 comments:

Pottruffs said...

I would love the recipe for your 7 layer cookie dish. Everyone here eats up my cookies so fast, would love to try that one.