Thursday, May 21, 2009

Deals

My new friends Jamie and Kim have been helping me figure out how to cut my grocery bills. I used to coupon shop all the time in AZ using couponsense.com but then when we moved to Italy... the luxury was taken from me unless people sent me expired coupons. But the commisary never had deals anyway. So, Jamie told me where to get the Sunday paper on Monday for over half price. And Kim kindly posted on her blog some of the deals she got, so I knew where to start looking. Of course since this was my first time back in the thrifty game, I decided to post. Can you guess how much this cost?
I found $1 coupons for each box of cereal printable from online. And the remainder where Fred Meyer coupons. So... I got these items, 4 boxes of cereal, 4 bags of lettuce, lipstick and mascara for $8.36! Oh yeah, that is less than the original price of the mascara alone!!! Thanks Ladies for helping me get started and reminding me how much fun this can be!!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Your music always makes me sad and miss you more. Time to change it. hehehe

Jenny said...

Good job. I tried coupon sense but it seemed like all they had was a bunch of junk food or very processed stuff. It is nice to see you were able to get some good stuff at a fabulous price! Where do you find the time to do it?

The Jones's said...

That is awesome!!! I will have to learn to really budget and shop well since we will be living on student loans, + WIC & Food Stamps (most likely). I don't know how to use that stuff yet, but I know it's pretty strict about what to buy, etc. It will be an adventure, that's for sure, but Indiana is going to be a heck of a lot cheaper for EVERYTHING over MD. It's ridiculous how much we spend on groceries here. :( Any tips are always welcome!

Wonderful World of Crafts said...

It's addicting, isn't it?!?!? :)