Monday, May 25, 2009

Potty Training Update

Okay, so I know I just posted the potty training picture, but actuality, that picture was taken several weeks ago. I have again started potty training. I used a method that Nancy suggested. I read a lot about different methods where most suggested not training twins at the same time. I wasn't really interested in that idea. I just want them both done. So, I am trying the 3 Day Potty Method. The book warns that it may take longer than 3 days for twins or multiples. And we passed our 3rd day yesterday. Since Dave was on a 4 day for Memorial Day, I thought it would be the perfect time to start. Day One was ok becuase I knew there would be lots of accidents and I was prepared. Day 2, I was so tired of being patient, but kept my cool. Day 3, we went to church for an hour! No accidents there. But still I wish they would get it already.

How are they doing you ask? Well as suspected, Laycee has almost all caught on. She has some accidents, but mostly due to the miscommunication issue. It takes me forever to figure out what she is saying, and by then she has had an accident. But she initiated pooping on the potty by herself yesterday! YEAH!!! Logan on the other hand did really well on the first day, but now he is really upset about wearing underware and going to the bathroom. He hates it! I have considered pulling the diapers that we were supposed to throw away out of the garage and putting them on Logan, but I figure, we have already stuck it out 3 days... lets keep trying. If by the end of the week he doesn't have it, we will stop for about a month or two and try again. I am cutting him a little slack because he is teething (when will this end?) and has been a complete terror. He never does well with teething. So... I will update in a little bit to let you all know again, how it is going. I think Laycee is on the path to being trained soon, but Logan will require some special attention to get this done lol. As everyone knows, it takes boys longer than girls, so I am not too concerned or stressed about it.

Okay, so I am off, just wanted to post a little bit of an update about the potty since I posted a deceiving picture. Hope you all have a great Memorial Day and remember our fallen soldiers who fight for our freedoms!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Potty training already? Weren't they just born the other day? My how time flies!

Lexi said...

i know I feel like that so often that they were just born... but they aren't my babies anymore :(