Friday, May 22, 2009

Obsessions

I have a HUGE obsession with Children's books. Oh how I wish I was able to be a children's book writer. I have no creative bone in my body. I can barely match my clothes lol. But I LOVE LOVE to read childrens books. I love to have books for my kids to read. When Haylee was in Sure Start, her teacher made several comments on how many books I have for the kids. I have books in every room of the house. I hope that having so many will spark the children's interest to read and learn. The book fair comes to school, sign me up. Scholastic pamphlets home... what can I buy? A visit to the library... I think the kids each need 5 more books to read. Birthdays, Christmas, or just whenever, I am picking up new childrens books. I love reading and hope my children grow to love it as well.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Did you know that scholastic does warehouse sales? There are a few warehouses in your area actually, I have actually been to the one in Auburn, WA. You have to print yourself out a invite from the website so that you can go so I'll see if I can find it for you...

Stephanie Walter said...

Lots of kudos to you! Once I have more room to store more books, I'll be right there with you. I can already pick out quite a few books of yours that we have as well! :) :)

The Jones's said...

We do not have enough books for Isabella yet, though we LOVE books for us and have a lot and are always getting more. We need more board books or some soft books, any ideas where to pick up good deals on baby books?

Angela said...

books are the one thing you can never have too much of!!! :-) (and I think you are very creative.)

Becky said...

I love children's books also! I have gotten to the point where I just have to throw away the Scholastic pamphlets when the kids bring them home, I tend to go a little crazy with them.