Saturday, May 30, 2009

Garden

I decided to try my hand at a garden this year. It took a lot of work to get the area ready. It was an over grown rose garden. We took the weeds out, and took the roses and moved them (more on that to come when the project is complete). We tilled the ground and then planted. I think we planted to early, but we will see how it all turns out. So, here is 4 pepper plants, a tomato, and a blackberry bush (which I might move).


I'm planting the broccoli
Trent goofing off, which is his way of helping.



Haylee loved the plants.

Pictured is one strawberry, two romaine lettuce (which has already produced and I love) 2 cucumber (which I think have died) and a pumpkin.
I am excited to see how it progresses how that the weather is warm and we are getting some sun. I hope we get some peppers because they are expensive!




2 comments:

Angela said...

you will have to let me know how it goes! I have been tempted to plant tomatoes and peppers since we go through those like crazy, but I kill almost every plant I try to care for! I hope you are a better gardener than I am! :-)

Terrilee said...

you are so awesome! I know if I planted a garden, I'd kill every plant before anything was able to grow.